Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Police Band Scanner Buying Guide I Need Some Help Buying A Handheld Scanner To Pickup Police Band Signals?

I need some help buying a handheld scanner to pickup police band signals? - police band scanner buying guide

I was in a local newspaper and were conducted in the same area every night during the 430 days. Whenever I see something strange going to call the police, but was thinking about a scanner, so you can follow what happened in the area, so I know what I'm going, or maybe I could my eyes on the police search.

I have and lcoal PD allows police scanners. But where can I find the frequency and what should I look for in a scanner that the truck signal? Uniden has several models, as I see, then I know whether the model 99 is the same $ 259-has a model law?

2 comments:

Daniel K said...

It is actually quite simple. Just go to your local Radio Shack and see which scanner will work in your city. They also know the frequency.

There are essentially three levels of scanners in the United States

Less than $ 100 800-MHz band without

About $ 100, which the band

$ 500, the digital broadcasts can be received.

If your site uses a few frequencies in the 450 MHz band PD, you can use a good market.

If the local PD uses a trunked radio system in the 800 MHz band, if a little more than a necessity.

If the PD is digital, you will pay about $ 500 to listen.

randy said...

To the database and click on your State www.radioreference.com, your department and get a list of your zone, frequencies, modulation types, etc., including forums, where users ask and answer questions on various models of scanners.

Post a Comment